BridgeTO Youth is a not-for-profit organization driven to bridge the gap in the transition between high school and adulthood for youth in under-served communities. They prioritize youth typically overlooked and facing multiple barriers to education, by helping them tap into their unlimited potential. They are a community of volunteers with unique perspectives and experiences, united by the belief and potential of the youth in the program. BridgeTO Youth supports youth with their ambitious goals by providing them with the skills, experiences, and credentials needed to build the careers and lives of their choosing.
The BridgeTO Scholar scholarship will reward and recognize the youth from the graduating class of the BridgeTO Youth program. Despite facing multiple obstacles, a BridgeTO Scholar has achieved academic success, is a proven leader and demonstrates humanitarianism towards the betterment of their community. The top applicant will be awarded $5,000 and two finalists will be awarded $3,000.
Number of Awards: 3
Award Amount: $3,000 | $5000
Applications Open: February 1st, 2020
Applications Close: April 15th, 2020
1. Be a member of the BridgeTO Youth Program
2. Demonstrate Excellence of Character: A candidate may use the essay to elaborate on his or her character by describing certain scenarios in which he or she has demonstrated good character in a difficult situation.
3. Have attained an overall average of 80% or higher from Grade 9 to current Grade (12), calculated from a valid high-school transcript
4. Demonstrate leadership qualities in the community; this will be exemplified in the essay questions
5. Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act